Friday 14 February 2014

Another first ...............

Some of the fabric in my op shop buy was not really to my taste. I decided to make a rag quilt for my pooch, Charlie. I used fleece on the back. Its 36 x48inches, or there abouts.

Wow, my hands are still recovering from all the snipping.

It turned out ok but I dont think I'm a fan. So far Charlie has only sniffered it, maybe he doesnt like it either????


Oh, I have to take that back he's now lying half on it, hahaha. Actually, looking at the pics it doesnt look half bad.
Nice drop of rain today. Hopefully it hasnt bypassed our country cousins.

Sharyn:)

7 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

You just didn't realise how dangerous it was going to be parking your van next to ours did you. Lol! Charlie looks like he is saying " shucks! For me?"
Great job. The snipping puts me off making one too!
Hugs xx

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

It looks just fine from here Sharyn. I'm sure that Charlie will warm to it.

Christine M said...

Maybe Charlie thinks he shouldn't be lying on the quilt. We are always telling Molly to get off the quilts on our couch! I'm sure once he realises it's for him, he'll love it!

Shay said...

I've made a ton of these for our dogs in the past and the longer you have them the softer and more snuggly they get . Im sure Charlie will come around.

Just a tip- these things throw threads like nobodies business for the first 4 washes...take it to a laundromat for the first few washes because if you dont - you run the risk of blocking your pipes with thread...

barbara woods said...

i have been wanting one of those but just always seems i have so much to do. we are retired to , don't know how we ever had time to work

Cardygirl said...

Looks cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh it will keep him very warm,good job Sharyn.xx