Saturday 5 October 2013

What a week.......



We have had a weird weather week. Sunny and hot, like today and well I'll let the photos do the talking...
Looked like snow after the event

The day has started out as a typical autumn day, lovely and mild. The grandie and I had been to the movies and had just arrived home when down it came. Two minutes of rain, then 10 minutes of hail. OMG!!
If it wasn't for our 4year old my vocabulary would have included alot of ##@@**, not because of the damage it was doing to our garden but the potential damage to my newest addition, the little red car you can just see in the driveway!
BUT.... after very close inspection by all and sundry there isnt a dint to be seen, phew. Never see anything like it in the 18years of living here and I hope never to again.

On the sewing front, I have been busy. Made some bibs and did some applique on them. I machine sewed around them. Of course I bought the wrong type of heat and bond. Is this what everyone uses??

Also sandwiched and machine quilted my table topper. I made a couple of placemats that kinda match.




I watched a machine binding tutorial and it has turned out ok but the corners are a disaster, I'll have to watch a few more tuts.

We are heading off for 10 days with friends to hopefully sunny Tuncurry. Will take some hand stitching with me. By the way, I thoroughly enjoyed the Smurf 2 movie as did our grandie.

Enjoy your week.

Sharyn:)

7 comments:

Fiona said...

oh my that hail is amazing.. it can be quite scary when it is like that... lovely bibs... I'm not sure about right and wrong heat and bond.. I use whatever I can get ... lovely table topper and mats.. so pretty
Hugz

Jeanette said...

What a lot of hail. Amazing. Love bibs. Lovely topper & mats. Hugs, xx.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Hail storms are so scary... looks like you got a beauty. Glad your little car made it through OK. I think we all learn new things about our sewing all the time. It is good that so much info is out there.
Hugs xx

Simone Harding said...

What a terrible week of weather. Hope your trip away bring pleasant weather.

Anthea said...

Holy Swear Words, Sharyn, what a blast you got! Scary indeed, glad the red chariot is ok.
I'm not an expert with the heat/bond stuff, but when i do applique like that, I use vlisofix, and then machine blanket stitch around it. Good luck figuring it out - perhaps ask some advice at the shop next time?
Enjoy your days away x

Chookyblue...... said...

bad hail........lucky everything is ok.........

have a great time away............

Shay said...

Thats very impressive looking hail. Glad the car was alright!

Love those baby bibs!